Interview to Biz Focus Industry magazine
Open vision of leader “TTK Asia transport”
TTK Asia transport; the leading of transportation provider in Thailand revealing the business plan in 2021, moving forward with full business expansion in both domestic and cross border service by increase double no. of service trucks and expand customers including import EV trucks to provide the service to support Eco-drive friendly, announce the honorary awards along with the principles of management leading the organization to success.
Mr. Shiro Iwao, President of TTK Asia Transport (Thailand) Co., Ltd., said the overview of the organization’s business operations that mainly consists of 3 types of businesses: 1. Milk-run (Transportation) transportation service 2. cross border transportation business (Cross Border) and 3. Training centre service business
For the business plan in 2021, the company has set the following guidelines:
Focus on expanding transportation services to cover the whole country in Thailand.
Expand the scope of cross-border transport services (Cross Border) at the Mekong River area to be bigger and wider.
Double no. of service trucks from 1,300 units at the present to 2,000 units within this year.
Expand customer base to increase both in terms of automotive and non-automotive. At the present, our company has continued to expand not only automotive business transportation but has also expanded non-automotive transportation business such as the food industry or consumer goods transportation in form B2B and B2C.
“Our transport system, the Milkrun system, focuses on Just in Time, with diagrams defining when the shipment will be from the supplier to the customer. which use in automotive business transportation. If the customer base is expanded to the food industry or consumer goods industry by providing the same service.It is expected to create greater satisfaction for customers. At the same time, the company has plans to expand branches to other provinces or covering the whole country and is located near the Mekong River area, to be able to service more customers,” said Mr Shiro Iwao.
Moreover, the company have plan to change types of service truck from fueled truck to electric power truck or EV trucks in future to save fuel and eco-friendly which is not only domestic transportation but also cross border transportation which will be carried out continuously.
“As we know that currently, we are facing many environmental problems such as PM2.5 dust that occurs every day. which is not only happening in Thailand but including the Mekong River area or in Asia, we face the same problem as the country’s leading transport provider, we need to act to improve the environment.
Today we have a large fleet of trucks that use a lot of oil for energy with plans to gradually switch to electric-powered vehicles or EVs (EVs or environmentally friendly vehicles) This will definitely help reduce emissions of carbon dioxide. We can also be a role model for other transportation business providers,” said Shiro Iwao.
TPRO Training Centre or safety driving training center which opened in 2012, we received good feedback from various agencies of both the government sector (BMTA) and the private sector, which has sent drivers to train with us continuously. The drivers who have training become better driving manners and help reduce accidents within the company that have to create drivers who transport passengers or transport goods to have safe driving manners on the road. Approximately 7,000 customers attend the training each year, which is an opportunity for the company to create a fleet of employees with good manners and driving safely, as well as helping to improve the traffic conditions of Thailand as well.
Mr. Shiro Iwao continued about the honorary award that the company has received many awards in the past.
1. Quality standard of truck transport service (Q Mark), which is a standard for transport trucks both domestically and internationally.
2. The Winner of Outstanding Performance Supplier Logistic & Packing Cost Improvement Award is the winner for Customer Service Standards in transport control as well as improving packaging costs with maximum efficiency which is considered to be awarded by Toyota Motor Thailand Company Limited and Toyota Daihatsu Company Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
3. Winner of driving contest award; the truck driving skill competition. It is an award that has been certified for driving skills from Toyota Daihatsu Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Ltd. with trained instructors. which has been certified as a standard from Japan (TPRO) and
4. Gold medal for Eco-Driving Activity award is certified for fuel-efficient driving from Toyota Daihatsu Engineering Company and Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Labor relations and labor welfare awards include the Thailand Labor Management Excellence Award, which is an award for outstanding labor relations and labor welfare. The Department of Labor Protection and Welfare, Ministry of Labor has certified the national standard.
Safety Awards, including the National Safety Excellence Model Award which is the standard that the Department Labor Welfare and Protection Ministry of Labor. It has been certified as a national safety standard.
“Every award which the company received is the pride of the organization. Especially the award for the best labor relations or labor-Outstanding relationship which reinforces that although the company has thousands of employees able to communicate and create good labor relations between the company and the employees and this year plans to send various projects, continue to participate in the contest to receive the same honorary award as last year,” said Shiro Iwao
The principles of successful corporate management by the main policy that he has given to employees since
the company’s president is positive-looking forward. Passion-Motivation for everyone to be active. Have a love of work and Logical-logic Due to the situation of spread of the COVID-19 virus in the past year. As a result, every business has to adapt. Therefore, what they would like to add is Speed-adjusting quickly to keep up with the current situation with Vision-Staying ahead of other competitors and is the country’s leading logistics service company.
The principles of successful corporate management by the main policy that he has given to employees since became the president is positive-looking forward. Passion-Motivation for everyone to be active. Have a love of work and Logical-logic. Due to the situation of the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the past year. As a result, every business has to adapt. Therefore, what they would like to add is Speed-adjusting quickly to keep up with the current situation with Vision-Staying ahead of other competitors and be the country’s leading logistics service company.
The strength of the company’s service is the cooperation and unity of employees. As a result, we have a team that has the strength to lead the company in the same direction. He thinks that to develop the company to have growth, employees must feel happy at work. He always has ideas on how to develop the company to be a happy workplace and employees want to come to work every day and try to continue to do better.
Mr. Shiro Iwao said at the end of what he wanted to promote the company:
1. The company is committed to improve the driving environment in Thailand or level up the driving behavior to reduce accidents, traffic problems, emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and reduce PM 2.5 dust in Thailand as well.
2. The Company is committed to change the labor environment by recruiting female truck drivers and also disabled people. It would be a great pleasure to work together with people with disabilities. The company will improve the environment for working to be the place where everyone wants to work or attracts people to work with us. This will greatly reduce the turnover rate. As a result, the business can continue to move forward, including the creation of good labor relations for the company in which all employees can work happily.
3. The company is utilizing technology systems to work to modernize the transport service. For example, using an electric truck or EVs (EVs are used to replace petrol-powered vehicles) and has a plan to bring an automated driving car from Japan to Thailand. We will be the first transport company in Thailand which apply this technology in service. If any company has an idea, automatic system and IT that can develop in the same direction as us, we are happy to work with you.